The new thermally driven air conditioning technology in the AdiabaticDXcarbonfree version – installed inside the proven Adconair heat recovery system – prevents high electrical power consumption during the summer cooling season. The cooling supply is provided by a closed adsorption cooling circuit integrated into the HVAC unit – which supplies the heating coil, used for supply air heating in winter, with cold water for cooling. In contrast to a compression refrigeration system, no electric power is needed for this operation, since heat at a temperature level beginning at 60 °C is employed. This heat is provided by connection of the heating supply, needed in any case for winter operation. Even in midsummer, the integrated return cooling by the adsorption refrigeration unit guarantees extremely low recooling temperatures and therefore allows high cooling energy efficiency ratios (EER). The water refrigerant, R718, integrated into the adsorption refrigeration unit has a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of zero. Unlike other natural refrigerants, it is neither flammable nor toxic.
- No additional energy consumption for supply air cooling and dehumidifying
- Possible energy sources: solar heat, district heating, process heat, or the heating connection for the air heater, required in any case for winter operation
- Adiabatic cooling efficiency of 90 %
- Reduction of the required DX cooling duty by up to 70 %
- Remote maintenance via 256-bit encrypted cloud, with Menerga vicomo